Tuesday, November 1, 2011

We weren't in the mood...

Tonight we were supposed to eat little sugar pumpkins stuffed with meat.  We were not in the mood.  Do you ever have a menu item that you put off?  Back when you found the recipe and made your menu - it sounded awesome...but then when it came time to eat it - you felt really blah about it...  That was us today.  Brad was really craving steak and ground beef in a pumpkin is not equivalent to steak.  So, we went to Texas Roadhouse.  All four of us had steak.  The boys had mashed potatoes but Brad and I had baked sweet potatoes and a steamed broccoli/carrot mix with ours.  I will say that this diet has really helped me embrace sweet potatoes.  I started consistently eating sweet potato fries early on this year followed by sweet potato chips.  I had eaten them very sporadically in the past.  I had never been a fan of baked sweet potatoes before unless they were coated with Texas Roadhouse's signature caramel sauce/melted marshmallow blend - hence making it dessert.  But, I am here to say - my sweet potato only had a small amount of butter on it.  I took the majority of it off.  I know butter is dairy - but I'm not eating one dry.  I was super proud of myself for not eating any rolls.  I don't know why I chose a restaurant to eat at that had a big bucket of peanuts and a big basket of rolls on the table just sitting there tempting me!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment