Some times there are things we cannot change. This is me learning to accept that and be thankful through it.
Monday, November 7, 2011
The Challenge Is Over...My Thoughts on Paleo...
Our challenge is over. About a week and a half ago I was asked if I felt any different while doing this diet. My response was no, not really - but now I realize I was wrong! This weekend I ate food without restriction. I had pizza, ice cream, barbecue, french fries, popcorn, soda and I felt terrible afterwards! Clean eating makes you feel clean and I can say in retrospect - I had way more energy as well. I'm not saying we are going to be total Paleo fanatics or anything - but we are going to continue to try to eat Paleo during the week and then eat without restriction (not crazy) on the weekend. I have tried new recipes - some good and some I will not eat again. I have explored new avenues in nutrition. And, I feel really good about my choices pertaining to God's temple (1 Corinthians 3:16). I struggle in the area of self-discipline and these last couple of weeks have been a good "work-out" for me. I have been trying to be more consistent in my diet, my work-outs, and my quiet time. Those are all things that I always make me feel so much better when I make the choice to make them a priority.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment