Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It Doesn't Taste Too Bad

Monday night we put some beef short ribs in the crock pot and then served it with broccoli. It was good and tasted a lot like roast.
Tuesday night we tried something new. Brad grilled at skirt steak that was super yummy. He had marinated it in orange juice and it was very flavorful. Then, for sides we had a zucchini, pepper, onion mix that we sautéed with olive oil and garlic. Then, for the something new. The boys and I were shopping at Aldi's and I noticed cauliflower was on sale. I told the boys that we were going to try something new. We had mashed cauliflower. I added in garlic to it as well - but unfortunately, a little too much. Next time, yes - there will be a next time, I will add in crumbled bacon instead or bacon and a little less garlic. I used a recipe off of Whole Foods website for mashing the cauliflower - but it was quite simple to do and didn't take that much time.

I did make us a dessert yesterday. They were pumpkin muffins. I got the recipe from Diane at Balanced Bites. I did not add the chocolate chips and will turn down the temp. about 25 degrees next time, as I was using a dark non-stick pan and they came out a little dark. They weren't too bad heated with a tiny bit of butter inside. I will make them again. My body is having to get used to desserts being a little less sweet. The boys (all three) actually liked them and it sort-of tricked your body into thinking you were eating bread. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment